Bhagat Singh, The Jail Notebook And Other Writings
“The aim of life is no more to control the mind, but to develop it harmoniously; not to achieve salvation here after, but to make the best use of it here below; and not to realise truth, beauty and good only in contemplation, but also in the actual experience of daily life; social progress depends not upon the ennoblement of the few but on the enrichment of democracy; universal brotherhood can be achieved only when there is an equality of opportunity – of opportunity in the social, political and individual life.— from Bhagat Singh’s prison diary, p. 124”
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Brigade is a Social and National Voluntary organization founded 11 years ago with the view to serve mankind. The SBS Brigade has its headquarters in New Delhi, India. Since its formation, it has been established as a new youth wing encouraging the young blood towards patriotism. The precise report of the functioning of the Bhagat Singh Brigade is as under:-
- To ensure that Martyrs Family, at any stage, do not feel that they are alone and to make sure that they are protected, from all sides to give them a feeling of happiness and the services they need they need throughout their life are delivered with empathy & care.
- All social, secular and non-political Indian’s to be encouraged towards patriotism.
- All those Martyrs’ who laid down their lives for the Indian freedom struggle to be remembered from time to time.
- All freedom fighters who fought hard for the country’s freedom to be honoured from time to time.
- All the anti-social elements in society and administration who encourage Corruptions, to be boycotted.
- Provide a stepping stone for talented youngsters to be nurtured and developed as responsible citizens.
1) Prepare a list of Martyrs who sacrificed themselves for India’s Independence from 1757 to 1947; to ensure that they are given the designation of first rank soldiers and to get them recognised as Martyrs constitutionally
2) To officially get the list of names of Martyrs and other things associated with them declared
3) Construction of National Martyrs’ Museum for paraphernalia/things associated with all martyrs and persons who opposed British imperialism
4) Lives and biographies of martyrs to be integrated with school, college and university level curriculum
5) National programmes and projects to be in the names of national freedom fighters and local roads, Institutions, projects and plans to be in the names of local freedom fighters
6) National currency to have photographs of National Martyrs like Rani Lakshmi Bai, Chhatrapati Shivaji, Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekhar Azad, Subhash Chandra Bose, Lala Lajpat Rai, Ashfaq Ulla Khan Udham Singh and the like
1) Right to recall viz. the right of public to recall its chosen representatives by plebiscite in case of their inefficient functioning
2) Similar educational system in all schools upto class 12th. Moreover, education to be completely free in all government and private schools.
3) Every citizen to have a Right To good health. All must have a right to get treated in private hospitals at Government expenses.
4) Guaranteed employment to all adults and by the time a person doesn’t get employment then at least 50% non- employment allowance as per government scale to be given as per qualifications of a candidate
5) Minimum support prices of Agricultural Products to be provided on the basis of total production cost and a minimum profitability to a farmer.
6) Unemployment allowance to be given to workers in unorganised sectors also
7) Dowry to be completely banned. All marriages to be covered by videography by government through its agencies.
8) Production and sale of liquor, cigarettes and all intoxicants to be completely banned in India
Become a Volunteer
Our volunteers help us in the community, state, and at the national level to succeed in our three objectives: provide solutions to climate change, protect and restore wildlife habitat, and to connect people—especially kids—with nature.